Who We Are
The National Pediatric Cancer Foundation (NPCF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research to eliminate childhood cancer. Our focus is to fund research to fast track less toxic, more targeted treatments by partnering with 23 leading hospitals nationwide.
What Makes the NPCF so Different?
A majority of cancer research focuses on adult treatments and is done within the walls of individual institutions. In contrast, we fund clinical trials and COLLABORATE with a network of cutting-edge hospitals across the nation to fast track less-toxic, more targeted treatments. All to increase the survival rate of children battling cancer.
For 25 years and counting, the NPCF has been the one shining light for children who are fighting cancer. We have donated millions of dollars to research and our clinical trials are yielding amazing discoveries that are saving many children’s lives.
Research. It’s what we fund. It’s all we do.
It’s the only way to find a cure.
Funding A Cure
Our Achievements & Efforts
- 88% of total expenses are directly allocated to program services
- 4-star rated charity by Charity Navigator and a Gold Level by GuideStar for sound fiscal management and received accreditation by the BBB Wise Giving Alliance. These are the highest ratings a nonprofit can receive.
- We were named an exceptional charity by Charity Navigator and received a perfect score (100%) for our financial health, accountability and transparency.
- Donated 1.2 million dollars to the Sunshine Project during the 2016 fiscal year
- Upcoming projects for 2017 through our Sunshine Project initiative that will focus on Brain Tumors, Ewing Sarcoma and a drug combination with the promise to treat multiple types of pediatric cancer.
- Clinical Research: Conducting two Phase 1 clinical trials at 20 hospitals nationwide
- Pediatric Total Cancer Care Program: Blood and tissue banking program to further personalized medicine for children
- Translational Research: NPCF laboratory at Moffitt Cancer Center is rapidly evaluating agents for Phase I trials
- Pre-clinical Studies: Funded 8 pre-clinical grants totaling $600,000 to Sunshine Project investigators
Sign-up for our newsletter to stay informed through updates a few times a month.